Total Pageviews

Monday 4 April 2011

The Paw of the Haunted Wolf!




After messing about with black ink and fine liners last week, I spent most of the weekend at work thinking about the sketches I had thrown together on Saturday morning and how I could best get them into the book. I knew I wanted to incorporate some colour, not that I dislike the black and grey look, it's awesome and definitely gonna use it in a lot more of my stuff. But hey, variety is the spice of life.
I think that's right.

One of the sketches was based on a brief conversation I had about the super blood soaked manga 'Fist of the North Star'. After talking about how stupid that title sounded, the equally but purposefully stupid title 'Paw of the Haunted Wolf' came up. I didn't personally think of this but the image definitely stuck in my head.
Got the wolf and ink drawn pretty quickly but something just seemed missing. So I added some fur and further shading with a grey marker. I hate drawing so much detail for hair, not for the fact it looks bad, because it doesn't. But for the fact that it takes too goddamned long to do. Luckily for me I had Wrestlemania 27 in the background. Nothing takes the mind away from repetitive hair drawing than adults in swimwear pretending to hit each other (there's a messed up sentence if I ever saw one).
Anyway, as if I didn't learn my lesson from drawing hairs I'm now working on an awesome anaconda sketch. So will no doubt be drawing scales all night. Just living the dream people.

No comments:

Post a Comment